Myfoodbuyer may change this policy and will do so by updating this page. Any changes made will be dated at the bottom of the page.
What we collect
- Name and job title
- Email Address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Very occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
Any data that we collect is kept secure via suitable physical, electronic & managerial procedures preventing any unauthorised access or disclosure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you use any of these links and leave the Myfoodbuyer website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Furthermore, these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. We recommend exercising caution and advise looking at the privacy statement applicable to the website(s) in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties, unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. If you opt to do so, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may, at any time, request a copy of the data which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like to do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 40 days.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you would like to exercise the right to be forgotten, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 22/05/2018